Argan Oil vs. Coconut Oil for Hair Care
You’ve probably heard argan oil and coconut oil pop up in hair or skin conversations on more than one occasion. The truth is, oils are enjoying their moment in the spotlight. But with different options out there, how do you know which is right for you?
Let’s dive into the world or argan oil vs. coconut oil to help you figure out the best match to achieve your ultimate hair goals!
While argan oil might be good for skin, it’s even better for your hair. When it comes to antioxidants like vitamin E, this is where argan oil really shines. Applied to the scalp, the vitamins work to speed up cell regeneration, encouraging your hair to grow faster.
Argan oil is also famous for fighting free radicals, which helps keep your tresses from suffering UV damage.
If that’s not enough, the oil seals your hair’s cuticles, helping to prevent split end and tame frizz. With regular use, your hair will look stunning and sleek. What’s more, a little goes a long way with argan oil to keep your hair strong and shiny.
Not enough reasons to try it? Check out these benefits for your locks:
- Promotes healthy growth
- Restores shine to dull strands
- Helps to detangle your hair
- The natural antioxidants in argan oil reverse cellular damage, strengthening your hair
- Contains moisturizing properties that restore strength tresses
How to Use Argan Oil for Your Hair
- Mix pure argan oil with your regular hair conditioner and lather on your hair. Wrap your hair in a warm towel and leave the mixture for around 30 minutes for a deep conditioning treatment. Rinse well. If that sounds like a lot of effort, we have the whole deal in one bottle in the form of our argan oil conditioner that’s designed to tame frizz, lock in shine and promote the softest strands.
- If you have an especially dry scalp, apply argan oil conditioner to your hair and leave overnight. Wash it out the next morning.
- Use argan oil shampoo regularly to achieve shiny, healthy, and luscious locks.
Coconut oil is the ultimate multi-tasker. It’s safe for use on all types of hair and works to keep your scalp healthy. Packed full of vitamins, minerals, and even carbohydrates, coconut oil is amazing for building stronger strands, making it an excellent weekly treatment if your hair is prone to slow growth and breakage.
That’s a lot, but there are even more benefits to regularly using coconut oil hair care products, including:
- Rubbing coconut oil deep conditioner onto dry ends can significantly hydrate hair and prevent dryness.
- Lauric acid in coconut oil shields hair protein, preventing breakage
- Coconut oil shampoo, used regularly, seals in moisture. It has the ability to penetrate deep into the hair shaft, strengthening hair follicles at their core.
- Coconut oil protects the scalp from dandruff thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- The ingredient contains vitamin E, K, and iron that provide nutrients that help maintain healthy hair and scalp.
While you can make use of coconut oil shampoo and conditioner, as well as a deep conditioning treatment, this oil has a lot of flexibility. For example:
- Before shampooing your hair, take some coconut oil conditioner and gently rub into your scalp. Leave for 30 minutes and then shampoo as usual.
- For dry hair, spritz your hair with our moisture and nourish coconut oil spray and enjoy nourished and gorgeous tresses all day long.
Argan or Coconut Oil – Is One Better Than the Other?
It all depends on your needs and the condition of your hair. Coconut oil is excellent for treating your scalp and achieving ultimate nourishment. On the other hand, with regular use, argan oil hair care products offer day-to-day protection that is essential for keeping your hair looking and feeling its best.
The only way to find out which works for you is to try them!
Check out the Soapbox range of argan oil and coconut oil hair care products today.